Primera Página: Poetry from the Latino Heartlandby the Latino Writers Collective with a foreword by Rane Arroyo
"This first anthology, Primera Página, by the Latino Writers Collective, is a breath of fresh air," writes Virgil Suarez. Francisco Aragón writes, "Primera Página is more than a book, more than an anthology. It's a community, one borne of community-building in the best sense of the term." And as Rane Arroyo writes in his preface, "How might Latino poets living in the Midwest differ from those writing and living in other parts of our country? Read these poets for that answer."
Paperback, 173 pp.
Published April 1, 2008
Currently out of print from Scapegoat Press; new edition available from the Latino Writers Collective
- 2nd Place, International Latino Book Awards, Poetry
- 2nd Place, Eric Hoffer Awards
- Finalist, ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year
- Finalist, USABookNews.com Best Books Award
- Spotlight on Critical Mass, the blog of the National Book Critics Circle
- Contributor Chato Villalobos reads from Primera Página on KCUR-FM
- A poem from the anthology by Gabriela N. Lemmons featured on VivirLatino.com
- Review in Midwest Book Review's Small Press Bookwatch
Cuentos del Centro: Stories from the Latino Heartland
by the Latino Writers Collective with a foreword by Carlos Cumpían
"This book will not only speak to the Latino community but anyone who reads it."
Paperback, 164 pp.
Published July 1, 2009
Currently out of print from Scapegoat Press; a new edition from the Latino Writers Collective is planned
- Finalist, ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year, Anthology
- Finalist, USABookNews.com's Best Books Award
- 2nd Place, Cover Art, International Latino Book Awards (art by Maria Vasquez Boyd)